Sunday, December 5, 2010

There are some things that kids like that I just don't understand. Like drinking the bathwater. That's just gross. Or sticking their hands in the toilet. Yuck. Or trying to get out the front door EVERY time it's opened even if there is six inches of snow outside that hasn't been shoveled and they have bare feet and no coat. One that my boys like is being sprayed in the face with water. You may think that we're mean parents but my boys kept asking for more. Does that look like the face of a kid who is not enjoying himself?


I also don't understand why it has taken my kids almost a year to really get into a gift that they got for Christmas last year. Jaxson got a tool set last year and they have played with it off and on but it hasn't been until this last week or two that they have really taken more than a few minutes to play with it. I don't get it but at least they're having fun now.
Josh got those goggles from a chemistry class that he took at BYU-I and the kids love to play with them. If only they were magic goggles that every time they put them on they were suddenly obedient!! If that were the case I'd make sure that at least one of them had them on all the time.
I get such a kick out of watching the expressions on Isaac's face. I love it.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

So cute! Hey, maybe you can use the goggles to encourage cleaning. Ya know, like, "Hey, who wants to wear the goggles so they can wash the dishes without getting soap in their eyes?" Or, "Uh, oh. Looks like the dust is going to fall in your eyes, better get those goggles on before you start dusting." I say those can become magic goggles. Or, how about, "Here, put the goggles on so you can see where to put away your clothes." Or, "You need the magic goggles so you don't get snow in your eyes while you take out the trash." Hmmmm .... I think I need some magic goggles! Love these pictures ... so cute!