Monday, December 6, 2010

My Wreath

I found this idea for a wreath on this awesome website called Piccadilly Peddlers. Well I actually found it through Tip Junkie but it had a link to this website and I fell in love. I had to make it. I didn't do the same colors that she did on her wreath but I actually like the way it turned out a little bit better. It is actually extremely easy and fairly inexpensive to make. I found a fabric bundle of Christmas fabric on sale at Joann's and then I added a few more colors that I had lying around and this is what I came up with. The wreath actually only cost about ten dollars to make but for those of you who sew and have scraps that will work already it will only cost you about 4.00 for the grapevine wreath.

I'll show you what I did but if you want more detailed instructions go to this website for them. I took my measuring cups (1, 1/2, & 1/4 cups) and traced all different sizes of circles on the fabric. The most time consuming part of the project is actually cutting out the circles but if you have a night that all your shows are on TV you could get most of it done while you watch. It also helps if you iron your fabric before you cut the circles out.


If your a scrapbooker like I used to be you'll probably have some ordinary old brads lying around. Layer the circles from largest to smallest and then stick a brad through the middle. You don't have to fold the brad down because when you have all your circles done you put a big glop of hot glue on the back of the brad and then stick it in the wreath. Cover the wreath with the circles, tie a ribbon around it and there you go. I was a little worried about whether the ribbon would match or not but I actually really like it. It was a fun project to make. What are your holiday projects this year? Do share. I need more ideas even if I don't get them made this year.

5 comments:

* Dan & Ashley * said...

that is so super cute!!

Liz said...

I love it! We'll be leaving in a few days so there's not much point in making any more holiday decorations, but I might just try this out next year.

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH soooo cute. That actually is cuter that the one on the web site. Good job. Now hurry and make me one before the season's over.

Jen said...

How is is that you have time do these things? I remember that I used to be ambitious and crafy once upon a time. I wish that you lived closer so we could do this kind of stuff together! I LOVE YOU!

Marisa said...

So cute and super easy! I love it! You are so creative!