Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was a new adventure for us. It was the first time we weren't spending it away from home, which meant that it was a lot more work. We got to cook our own turkey, which turned out delicious and all of the food that we made and that Kami and Mike brought was fabulous!! We even got to spend it with the elders. Next year I'm going to have to plan a little betther though. I thought I was doing great until 1:30 rolled around (we were supposed to eat at two) and I realized that it wasn't close to being ready. Sorry it was late guys!! I even forgot to make the stuffing!!! I love stuffing. Oh well. I'm glad that we were able to spend the holiday in the company of good friends. I realize more and more how blessed I am, and I give thanks that the Lord is a part of my life. How sad life would be without that knowledge. I also give thanks for all of you. Thank you for being a support and an example to me. I love you all!! The kids had a little table all to themselves. That had fun even if they did only eat a quarter of the food on their plates.
I couldn't help putting this one in. She just looks so darn cute!!
Our good friends Kami and Mike celebrated with us. They are moving in two weeks so we were really glad that we got to spend some time with them. We are really going to miss them when they're gone!!
Isaac was being so cute at the table. He'd smile and then put his foot up and then duck under the table. That kid makes me laugh!!








A couple of months ago I was at Target in Courdelane when I found a pin the hat on the turkey game that I thought would be fun to play on Thanksgiving. The kids all had fun but the adults were all too lazy to try. We had a hard time keeping the boys from cheating but when it was done they all got pretty close.












4 comments:

Greg said...

This was our third Thanksgiving away from home and it is a little strange. I agree that it is better if you spend it with good friends.

Your kids are darling. I can't get over Emma's smile. And Isaac's foot? . . . Hilarious.

Seriously though. No stuffing? Can you even call it Thanksgiving without stuffing?

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, you cut Emma's hair- I LOVE IT!!

Wendy said...

Very cute! Way to go cooking your first Thanksgiving dinner Alisha. I did the same thing three years ago, big and pregnant with Noah, all for Tim's family. The marshmallows on the yams caught fire and set off the fire alarm! I don't think I will ever forget that Thanksgiving!

Jen said...

glad to see you blogging lots! I love it!1