Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ISAAC

I just realized that I didn't post anything for Isaac's birthday!! AHHHH!! I'm such a bad mom in so many ways!!! So Isaac turned a year old on the 23rd of October. I don't remember exactly why we didn't start celebrating his birthday until later in the evening (I think Josh was at school)but we did it right before bed. We were trying to decide if we wanted to celebrate it that day or wait until another day but we chose to do it that night on the spur of the moment because we had a Halloween party to go to the next night and we wanted to get it done. I wish that we had waited until another night though. Here's why I'm such a bad mom, I didn't even have time to make a cake for him. I always make their cakes for their birthdays but we bought his this year. I didn't even have all of his gifts ready, I had to go out that night to get them. I know that it probably won't matter to him even when he's grown up, but it does to me. So I have promised myself that I'm going to make his next birthday better. At least it isn't really ugly.
At least he liked the gifts he got this year. I think the reason I feel so bad is because Isaac is such a special part of our family and I want him to feel important. Yeah, he won't even remember it but he'll see pictures when he's older. I'm so grateful that the Lord sent him to us. He is such a happy, fun baby and I'm honored to be his mom.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Suggestion....go back and edit your post. Tell all the fun things he got, and that's all he'll remember! He'll only know how awesome the cake looked and what fun he had eating the wrapping paper! Seriously, we need to promote good propoganda. Soon enough the kids will have their own memories, so the ones that we help them with better be pretty good! HA! You're a better mom then you give yourself credit for!

* Dan & Ashley * said...

WOW!!! SO many updates!!! I love your hair it looks like it is getting SO long. and Josh looks SO hott in the long black hair!!! Your kids are getting SO big and they are all so adorable!! I miss you all and can not wait to see you all!!