Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sweet Monkey

My sister in-law likes to do flashback Fridays and though it's not Friday I have a flashback for this post. After a year we finally got all of the pictures transferred from our old computer to our new one!! A lot of those photos were of Monkey when she was little. Lately I have been thinking about how blessed I am to have this sweet daughter of mine. I take my time with her for granted so much and sometimes I am too hard but I hope that she knows that I love her. She is such a big help and is so fun to be with. I am truly grateful to be her mom. Here are some photos of her when she was little and some more recent ones as well.


I had to put this one in. She is so funny.
Lately she has been doing the sweetest things for us.

She made our bed for us one morning all by herself.

She helps keep Isaac happy when I need to do something and this day she decided to read the Book of Mormon to Smalls. I don't think I could handle having three kids without her help.
Though it has it's challenges, I am so grateful to be a mom. Monkey is such a wonderful girl, I just hope that I can teach her well enough to prepare her for this life.

5 comments:

Cailey said...

I can't believe how much your kids have grown up! I remember when Jeff first introduced me to your family, and I believe I met Emma at Greg and Hayley's house in Provo. It was our first New Year's Eve together was soo much fun being with your family, and she was adorable! I had just fallen in love with everyone and really hoped I could become a part of the family.

Brooke said...

Wow, Leesh! This is too cute! She's adorable! Is she going to start school with the name "Monkey"? I can't believe she made your bed! AND that she's reading the Book of Mormon to her brother! So so cute! Sounds like you're well on your way to preparing her well!

Marisa said...

What a cutie! I totally understand what you mean about not being about to do it without Emma. She seems to be as much as a help to you and Eliza has been for me. It's amazing how much peace enters your life when one of your children is able to help you with another.

Johnson said...

What a cute nick name! She was a cute baby, and is still adorable! We are glad we have gotten to know her.

Head Over Hills said...

I can't believe how grown up she is getting. What a big helper she must be for you!