Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birthdays and Rollovers

I think it is so amazing that you can blink and all of a sudden your baby is now a two year old toddler with an attitude. Bubba's birthday was last Saturday and though we couldn't do anything with friends (he has a cold) I think he still had a special day. We went to swimming lessons in the morning and in the afternoon we spent some good family time together outside blowing bubbles and coloring on the sidewalks. His birthday reminded me how lucky I am to have him in my life. He is such a funny kid and brightens even the darkest of days. I'm sure grateful that the Lord sent him to our family. Josh had almost as much fun blowing bubbles as the kids.
The only way that Bubba will color with sidewalk chalk is on his tummy.


PRESENT TIME: He was actually interested in tearing the paper off this time. CAKE TIME: So this didn't turn out at all like I planned. In fact by the end all I wanted to do was hurl the darn cake against the wall. Bubba sure liked it though. I'm not sure that I'll ever do neon frosting again.

Emma has a way of her own to celebrate birthdays. She had a hard time remembering that it was Bubba's day not hers. Luckily he's still a little young so that he doesn't punch her out every time she steals one of his toys.

ROLLOVER TIME: Smalls decided he finally was ready to rollover on Sunday night. He did it once before last week but he did it at a time that my back was turned. This time I got it on video. Excuse the horrible lighting and my cheesy commentary.

9 comments:

Cailey said...

I feel so bad for not having Jeff call and wish Jackson a happy birthday!!! I knew it was soon, just didnt know when.

And that is the cutest cake I have ever seen!!! That right this is amazing talent!!! My mom used to make awesome cakes, she took lessons and actually did wedding cakes for a very long time. I had a clown cake. Lol I thought it was the coolest cake ever! She told me that actually she was so mad that it didnt work and, and she also just wanted to hurl it across the room! Trust me that is awesome!!!! LOVE it!

Excited to see everyone I really am!!!! :D cannot wait! Wahoo tomorrow! :D

Amy said...

I love the cake! Kids do grow up way to fast, it stinks! I'm still having a hard time believing I have an 8 year old and that my baby is almost 4...where does the time go?

Head Over Hills said...

The cake is darling. Good job! Your kids are so cute. We miss them already. Glad he had a good birthday.

* Dan & Ashley * said...

How cute is that cake?? I am SO boring and just make the some old original cakes!! I need to be more adventures!!

Tiffany said...

Such a cute cake!! My sister did the same cake for her 2 year old boy! Funny. You did a great job! And what cute kids you have!! They are all so gorgeous!

Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Can't believe how wonderful that cake looked- way cute!

Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!! That is an awesome cake Alisha!! It looks like you had fun!!

HG said...

Holy crap your blog is popular.

jessica said...

Such cute pictures! And your cake looked pretty good to me! It was darling! Where are you guys living? It looks gorgeous out in the country!