Friday, September 4, 2009

Garden Fun

This is my first time EVER doing a garden of my own. Though it didn't turn out exactly as good as I wanted it to I'm still excited about what has grown. We've been OVERRUN by zucchini, and yellow squash and cucumbers for the last month or two and the corn, peppers, pumpkins, tomatoes, green onions and carrots are almost ready to be picked as well. It definitely has been a learning experience. For example, I don't think I will grow cucumbers next year. It seems like every cucumber I try is nasty and bitter and then when I tell Josh it's his turn to try them he gets all of the good ones. NOT FAIR!!! Here are some photos. Just don't look to closely because I'm sure that your gardens are ten times better.
I think I'm most excited about our pumpkins. Only two have made it but it has been so fun to watch them get bigger and think about the fun jack-o-lantern they'll make.

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow, your garden looks great! One of these days I'll show you a picture of our garden ... I think we only know how to grow weeds. Can't wait to see the jack-o-lanterns you carve from your pumpkins!

Head Over Hills said...

I should have taken some pictures of ours. Yours looks a thousand times better. It has definitely been a learning experience for us! I'll be making a few changes next year!

HG said...

I have to say, slightly envious of your greenery. It looks thrivacious!

Cailey said...

Wow that was a good word for it, thrivacious... I dont even know what that means, but it seriously sounds like it is a good word. lol. Your so funny, you should just take the credit of how amazing the garden looks!!!! Really you should! Because it does look amazing and great! I'm jealous too! lol my own house plants dont even look that great.

Tiffany said...

It actually looks like you are professional Alisha! Way to go! Pumpkins are our most exciting one, except they are all small this year. I guess I can make some fresh pumpkin pie. Good JOB!
About the sucker thing that Logan was chewing. I actually got it from a friend but I'm almost certain you can find them at an 'R US store or even Target or Walmart. I remember I had one for Talia but I really didn't like it as much as this one.

Mom and Dad Bean said...

The success of a garden is not measured in looks, but yield and it appears that yours is yielding bounteously. Good job.

Mom and Dad Bean said...

The success of a gardent is not measured in looks, but yield and it appears that yours is yielding bounteously. Good job.

Mom and Dad Bean said...

I guess I do not know how to post very good on your blog. Looks like it went through the first time. Sorry.

Johnson said...

I'm jealous! I wish my garden turned out like yours, what's your secret?

Tornado Alley said...

Wow! I think your garden is awesome! That's my goal for next year b/c I was lazy and didn't plant anything this year! You're kids are adorable and growing up so fast! We miss you and hope all is well.
~Danielle and family

Becky Plank said...

The garden looks AMAZING! I am hoping to do one for myself next year! I could eat squash and zucchini all year long! I'm impressed!

Amy said...

Sorry...the Becky Plank was me:) I didn't realize I was still signed in under her account!