Thursday, March 26, 2009

Friendship

This is going to be a long post!!! I had kind of a tough week last week. I struggle a lot with feelings of inadequacy and I always wish that I was a better mom and a better person. It all boiled over last week. We are ward missionaries in our ward and last Tuesday I went out my friend Susan, another ward missionary, to visit a family that we are teaching how to be better member missionaries. But, we couldn't go until Josh got back from work. And as we waited, I lost it. My kids were misbehaving, I felt stressed because I didn't feel completely prepared, and my house was probably messy, like it always is. Susan could tell that I was having a hard time and so the next day she showed up on my doorstep with flowers. What a sweet lady!! It made think of the quote that says, "God does notice us and watches over us, but it is usually through another person that He meets our needs, therefore it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom." What a blessing she was to me that day, and those flowers have continued to brighten my day and keep me happy, especially when we all had the stomach flu last week. THANK YOU SUSAN!! Then I thought about how much friendship has meant to me throughout my life. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for being such great friends. You have touched my life and helped change me in a way that would never have happened had we not crossed paths. I look up to, and love all of you.

Aren't the flowers beautiful!!!
Ashley, I'm so glad that Danny found you. You are such a neat lady, and I look forward to getting to know you better.
I'm so glad that you're my sister-in-law Hayley!!! Even though we don't get to see you, EVER we think about you guys lots. I love you and am glad that Greg has a wife like you.
I don't know what I would do without my sisters!!! Jen, and Steph, I look up to you both so much!! You are both such great moms. I couldn't ask for better sisters.
This picture is so old, but it's one example of how you were always able to make me laugh Steph.
I never thought that a sister-in-law would be such a great friend, but you are Jess. I'm really glad that we had the opportunity to live so close in Pocatello. Even though we live far away from you now I'm glad that we still talk. You are wonderful.
If there was anyone that made being a mom look easy it would be you Marisa!! You are such a great mom and are so crafty. Maybe someday I'll be like you. Right now I'm just trying not to go crazy!!!

Remember Knightline Amy? This photo is at Nationals in California, forever ago. You were then and still are such a nice person.You are the funnest person I know Brooke!! You are the best.

I think that roommates are one of the only people that see you at your good times and at your bad times. I'm sure that you have seen me at both. Thanks for being a true friend Danielle.

There are very few child hood memories without you in them Jessica. We had so much fun together!!! And now we're both moms!! How crazy!!! I'm really glad that we are in touch. You are awesome.

You are such a strong person Kami!! I am so glad that you guys moved up here!!! You have been such wonderful friends!!! We need to have a game night again!!

You are a true friend Tiff!!! I'm so grateful for your friendship. Even though you got married and I went on a mission and our lives have gone in different directions you have always kept in touch. You are the greatest!!!!!

You are the most friendly person Wendy!!! From the very beginning you were so nice to us. Thanks for staying in touch.

Of course I have to mention my mom. I'm so glad you're my mom!!! You are such a wonderful lady and an amazing grandma!! Thanks for doing all you did mom, even if it made you a little crazy. I don't think I could make it without you and dad.

He's going to be embarrassed that he is the only man who is shown, but how can I not mention Josh. Our six year anniversary is in May and it amazes me how much my love for him grows more and more every year that we are married. He is such a wonderful husband, father, and friend. I am so honored to be his wife!!
You make think that this is sentimental and cheesy but oh well!! Thank you all for making my life better with your friendship.

10 comments:

Kami said...

Wow...you are going to make me cry! Thanks for the sweet words! What a great post..it makes you really reflect on the people in your life..you are awesome! Even though I hate pictures of me :) We do need to get together again. It was actually kind of funny...last Thursday I was sitting next to your Emma eating and Joey and her started planning when they were going to get together again..it was funny to watch them plan our evening :)

Kami said...

Oh and I forgot to say..you looked gorgeous in your wedding dress! :)

Head Over Hills said...

Thank you so much. I too am so grateful for your friendship. It was so wonderful to see you guys last week. We have really missed you. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me.

Brooke said...

Leesh! I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier, but I really needed it tonight, so maybe it's better this way! You are amazing! Thanks for including me in this, even though we're not as close anymore as I wish we were! You were always so good at showing love and appreciation for everyone. I've always admired that and have been buoyed up MANY times by your love and friendship! Angels come in the form of good friends like you!

Cailey said...

Oh i'm so glad that you have a blog thing too! I love keeping up with friends and family, and I'm excited to be a part of this wonderful Bean family!!! I love Jeff so much! I cant believe how much your kids are growing up! Its amazing! But they are so beautiful. Well I hope to see you soon and thanks!

Tornado Alley said...

What a way to make my day! You're so awesome Alisha! And what you said goes for me too(You've seen me at my best and worst...remember the dishes with another roomate? LOL!) I totally understand what you mean. I try my best not to get stressed out being a mom, and hope there is some hope for me yet. I miss you and your adorable family. I hope to meet the two youngest sometime (I love all of their nicknames btw, especially smalls!) Anyways, I hope you know I'm thankful for your friendship and example. I will always remember those times at Greenbriar with such fond memories.
Take care...with love,
Danielle

Tiffany said...

You totally made me cry! I love you dear Bean!! LOL. I remember that night we took that picture, we were at a bonfire at Beaver Dick Park....good ol' Ricks college memories! You are an amazing mom, I know you are. Just remember that the love you feel for your children is the love that Heavenly Father feels for you. I know what you mean when you have those aweful days! We all have them and I'm so glad your friend realized that and brightened up your day!! You and Melissa are the only real college friends that I have kept in contact with. You are amazing and don't forget that!!

Marisa said...

Thank you, Alisha. I've been where you were, and I continue to be there (almost every day it seems). It's good to read your encouraging words ... reminds me I'm not the only one who struggles with being kind to myself and not discount the good things I do. You are awesome ... I wish we could have seen you last weekend; it would have been great to hang out again. We miss you guys so much! We should really think about scheduling a family reunion sometime when we can all make it.

(BTW, thanks for posting a pic from Dan's wedding ... the first we've seen.)

Janie said...

Alisha,
You are an amazing woman. I wish so much that I was more like you. You have so many traits that I look up to. I love you and miss you terribly. I miss being around someone that thinks I'm great!!! :) LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! By the way, YOU are BEAUTIFUL! Reall, you are so gorgeous! :) Miss you!

Jen said...

I can't wait for Stuffy to see the picture you put up of her...she's SO going to love it...maybe? WE love you lots- maybe josh will get a job in Montana? Hmmmmm....