Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Trip to Grandmas


I've always loved my family but I didn't realize how much until we moved up here a year and a half ago. We had the opportunity to travel home last weekend to see J's brother get married, and even though it was so chaotic, it was so nice to be with family that we hadn't seen for a long time. I can see more and more why the Lord put us into families. It would be almost impossible to make it through this life with out them. I just hope that I can be worthy to have them forever. Here are a bunch of pictures from our weekend. The weather was SO nice that the kids didn't even have to wear jackets outside.

Bubba testing out the trampoline.

Having fun outside.

Bubba fell asleep in my moms arms. She is such a wonderful grandma!!


Bubba was a little terror at the reception so we had to leave early and I was so sad that my kids didn't have more time to play with their cousins that they hadn't seen for so long. Luckily, everyone ended up over at Josh's parent's not long after we left. They all had so much fun, especially Bubba who took bites out of three pieces of chocolate cake before I discovered what he was doing. I swear, my kids can smell sugar a mile away.
Of course you can't eat chocolate cake without making a mess of it.

Bubba helped grandma put the last of the bird seed into the feeder and then decided to wear the bag.

He kept running into the wall. Here he is stuck in the corner.
Apparently he couldn't get out of the corner.

4 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

Cute pictures. We loved seeing you guys. Miss you already.

HG said...

Your blog is so pretty. Jaxson seems to entertain himself pretty well. I have never seen a child so enamored with an empty birdseed bag.

Amy said...

I love seeing the kid in the bag...classic. You are lucky it was last weekend you came, now the weather is FREEZING once again.

Jen said...

HILL-ARIOUS! That is the new name of your blog! I can't believe how cute your kid-o's are. It's not until they are older that we realize how cute they are, and how much we miss them being little. Sigh- try to enjoy it and don't worry about a messy house, you'll clean it in 18 years!