Thursday, May 3, 2012

Jan 2012

Oh, how I wanted to catch up on posting but alas, I have to concede that where it has been almost a year since I have posted regularly, it's not going to happen.  So I guess I'll start with the beginning of this year.  It's kind of sad how fast time goes by.  My baby is almost sixteen months and the other kids are growing so fast I feel like I can barely enjoy the phase they're in and then they've changed again. 
     So January of this year was a little crazy.  Jules turned one on the seventh.  We had some friends over to celebrated and I think she had fun.  She didn't eat much cake but she enjoyed playing in the frosting and flinging it around.  I enjoyed making her cake, and I think it turned out good. Ignore the dates on all of the pictures.  They're all wrong.  We got a new camera and didn't set it to the right date.
 













My friend Jovane made this cute towel for her.



 

 We had some crazy storms in January.  It dumped three or four inches and then rained.  The rain froze as a 1/4 inch thick sheet on top of the snow and then it dumped another two or three inches of snow on top of that.  The kids had fun playing it but it was challenging with the ice in the middle of the snow.  These pictures are of the kids enjoying a hill I stacked up with them in the back yard for them to sled down. 

 Josh needed to get some medical treatment in Blackfoot so on the 26th of January we packed up the car and headed to my parents.  I don't know what I would do without them.  They were such a blessing with their support and helping us watch our kids.  Thanks mom and dad for being so amazing.  Jules couldn't get enough of the dogs and she would park herself in front of the back door to watch them. 


I can't remember why, but Emma decided to make up her own recipe for a cake while we were there.  She was so proud of herself.  I can't believe how grown up she is getting.  It kinda makes me sad that she is not a small girl anymore. 

6 comments:

Liz said...

Hooray for a new blog post! These are adorable pictures. I can't wait to meet little Julianne!! My youngest sister used to make up her own cake recipes ALL the time, and we all had to eat them. They usually consisted of sugar, flour, milk, and LOTS of cinnamon, and the occasional hint of basil. It was interesting.

Greg said...

Yeah! I love blog posts! You are a very talented cake decorated. We loved seeing you in Idaho. I have to admit . . . Emma's cake was DELICIOUS.

Kami said...

Yea...she is back! :) I can't believe how big Jules is already. She is a cutie! Man you guys got a lot of snow. We had maybe 2 storms and the snow was melted by the next day. I miss Moscow! Sounds like you had eventful January. Hope Josh is doing better. Miss you!

Kami said...

Oh and awesome job with the cake. I love the roses! Where those frosting roses or dried ones?

The Hill Clan said...

They were frosting roses. Seriously, this was the fastest and easiest cake to make. All you need is special frosting tip. So easy!

Lynda said...

Beautiful Cake!