Thursday, November 25, 2010

Emma is Six!!!

Yes this should have been blogged forever ago but I guess it's better late than never right. Emma turned six on October first and I can't believe that she's grown so much. She is such an energetic wonderful girl and I'm grateful she's my daughter. There have been many times that I don't think I could handle having the boys so close in age without her help. I have been thinking this week about her life and what she was like when she was little and how much she's grown since then and I thank Heavenly Father that He sent her to me. She is truly a blessing and I love her.She is a fantastic big sister and her brothers just LOVE playing with her!!
We had a family birthday party for her on her birthday and then her party with her friends a week or two later. We gave her our gifts at the family party and she even got to go to the store a pick out a cake. I'm such a pushover. I should have just had her get cupcakes because I was going to make her a cake at her friend birthday party but she got one for both.
I think she enjoyed the gifts that she got this year. Now if we can only teach her to be thankful for them and say thank you without us telling her too. She is getting better at that though.
It was a really good cake but I think I ended up throwing away half of it. It was just too big.


THE FRIEND PARTY: Emma really wanted a "flower" party this year which was a big challenge for me because that theme is hard to do in the fall. We decorated with paper flowers all over the walls and I cut the last of our cosmos and other flowers and put them around the room. It actually turned out pretty cute even though our Halloween decorations were mixed in with the flower decor.
Sadly I didn't get many pictures taken during the party. We played pin the butterfly on the flower, which is why the big flower is on the wall. We also adapted the game musical chairs to musical flowers which turned out fun. I think the kids had fun and it actually turned out better than I thought it would.
I had fun making Emma's cake this year and finally I made a cake that I didn't feel like throwing against the wall in the middle of decorating it. Isaac liked it to and wanted to add a few more candles to liven up the party.
A little note: Emma has decided that she is now old enough to do her own hair. And she does it about half the time now. It's kinda sad that I don't get to do something anymore that I've done her whole life for her. I know she has to grow up sometime but I just don't want to let go of the little things like doing her hair for her. These are pictures of the first time she did her hair by herself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma is so beautiful with her own sense of self. The cake is pretty Alisha. It looks like the party was a hit.

Marisa said...

Happy birthday Emma! She is such a great leader. I'm sure she is like a mini-mom to your boys ... And I can tell she is such a big help and blessing for you. What a cutie ... Doing her own hair. I know how it feels to lose that battle ... Thankfully I have M and you'll have another little one's hair to do in a couple years!