Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oh What Do You Do in the Summer Time??

So for some reason format of this post is turning out dumb so if it looks bad it's not my fault. I have tried to fix it four or five times and by now it's just not worth the aggravation!!
I can't believe school has started already!! This summer has gone by so fast!!! I'm not complaining though, it's nice to have cooler weather. We had a lot of fun this summer so here's a not so brief picture overview of our life since the wedding in June. We had a family reunion somewhere in the midst of all the chaos that I didn't blog here but I'll get it up soon.



THIS SUMMER WE......

HAD A GIRLS NIGHT!!

Ever since the amazing girl's night that Aunt Hayley put on while we were down for the wedding Emma has been wanting to do one with her friends. We finally did it a few weeks ago and they had so much fun. Between getting their hair and makeup done and getting all dressed up to the door signs they decorated and all the junk food that was there I think they all had a pretty good time.





























They also had a ton of fun dancing to barbie music.










































Emma is so lucky to have so many wonderful friends here!!





























We had a yard sale. Yuck, It is so much work to put one on!! Emma did make eight bucks selling doughnuts and juice though!!















Emma lost her first tooth!!!

















Grandma and Grandpa Bean gave us a bunk bed!!! What a blessing this was!!! The kids love it and they actually have a little room to move around in now!! THANKS SO MUCH Mom and Dad.


We got into big sister's makeup!! Isn't that LOVELY!!



























WE PLAYED WITH DADDY!! I realize more and more every day how very blessed I am that Josh is my kid's dad!! He is such an amazing person and I'm grateful that they have him to learn from. Josh had summer classes but wasn't able to find a job until mid-summer which meant that he had extra time with us and the kids had so much fun having him home.
























































































WE HAD FUN WITH FRIENDS. Our friends the Shurtliffs moved away last March and we were so sad to see them go. They went camping not too far away from our home this summer though and it was so fun to be able to be with them again. We spent a really great day with them and were sad to have to say goodbye again.
















The campground that they started at had a bunch of chickens and ducks randomly running around so we decided to go feed them. Both Emma and Jaxson were afraid of them but at least Jaxson tried to be around them. Emma locked herself in the car and refused to come out. Isaac however couldn't get enough of them. He had so much fun chasing those birds around and traumatizing them.























































Yes, it looks like I'm going to strangle Jaxson here but I'm really just trying to get him to calm down and look at the camera.


After that we found a park in town and had a picnic lunch. The kids loved playing on this train. Especially Isaac. I can't believe he didn't fall off and get hurt with the way he was climbing all over it!!




























In the process of looking for a place to hike we found an amazing place for them to camp. It was perfect. Close to the river so the kids could throw rocks in and very secluded, the way camping should be. It was so fun but really hard because Isaac was running around everywhere!! At his age he doesn't understand how dangerous things are and he's so independent so he wants to be able to go wherever. It was a little stressful keeping him safe. I do think we'll try to go there next summer when he's a little older.



































































































































I love this picture of Jaxson picking a wedgie!! It cracks me up!!















PLAYTIME!! It is so nice when your children reach an age where they can actually communicate together and have fun playing. I love watching them and I'm so glad they can have so much fun together.
















Yes it's a pink cowboy hat!!! I guess you do the best you can with what you've got.















Dance parties are a norm at our house. Excuse Jaxson's lack of clothing please.















WE PLAYED IN THE POOL!!








































And of course what is a hot summer day without POPSICLES!!


WE PLAYED SOME MORE WITH DADDY













And did some snuggling too.














I think Emma asked Daddy for a massage first and when one kid gets something they all want it. Luckily they have a fantastic daddy that was more than willing to do it.












































This picture is really random but it makes me laugh. Emma got a pair of skates from her cousin Alex and any time Jaxson sees them he has to put them on. He's obsessed and with Isaac liking them as well they cause quite a few problems. Needless to say, we don't bring them out very often.



MORE POPSICLES AND POOL FUN!!


















































MY FLOWERS WERE AMAZING THIS YEAR!! Thanks to mom!! When she was up in June she fertilized and got them all ready. I really love you mom!!
































WE RAN AROUND WITH PILLOWS ON OUR HEADS. Don't ask me why!!




































AND YES, WE PLAYED IN THE POOL SOME MORE!!



























Isaac actually started this; I don't know why but he thought it was hilarious to pour water over his chest so he'd walk over to the pool, get a big cup full and them come and stand right in front of me to dump it down his front. The other kids caught on and had fun with it do.














Random Pics














I came in to check on Jaxson one day and found him like this. Yep, he's asleep. I don't how kids fall asleep where they do!! Doesn't that look so uncomfortable.

















AHH, the classic horsey ride. Good Josh!! I don't know how they haven't broken his back yet!!

7 comments:

HG said...

Okay, I know I laugh out loud a lot, but you elicited FIVE audible laughs from me from this post. You had a freakin' hillarious summer. Thank you for that!

Anonymous said...

I laughed the whole way through this blog post. Especially the make up pictures because I so identify. I love the fact that Emma locked herself in the car to get away from the birds and Isaac was going to catch one from a net. Your girl party looks like a ton of fun. Way to go. Your kids are so cute and it looks like you had a great summer. I love you. Thanks for the pictures. I never get to see you or your kids so this helps me connect a lot.

* Dan & Ashley * said...

I love this!!! Your family is just adorable, and cute!! I wish that we were closer!!! Love you guys!

Wendy said...

What a fun summer Alisha! Love your flower, you have a green thumb! Wendy

The Shurtliff Family said...

Thanks Alisha! Your blog always brings a smile to my face and makes me laugh out loud! Love you guys!

Marisa said...

What a fun summer! It's always fun to read your blog and see all the great things you are up to! We miss you guys, and hopefully we'll be in some of your pictures next summer!

Jen said...

Your summer looked like such a blast- thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear about how camping goes next year with FOUR children...good luck. Love the swimming pictures- your kids are all gettgin so "past" the baby stage. Good thing little girl is on the way!