Sunday, August 22, 2010

BABY!!!

So most of you know that we are expecting our fourth child, and for those of you who don't, SURPRISE. I bet you're not as surprised as we were when we found out. This is something that we weren't expecting and it took a little while to get used to the idea but now we are so excited. We had our ultrasound on Friday and found out that it's a girl. I didn't think I'd ever want another girl because Emma is so dramatic and boys are crazy but not dramatic. But I really am excited to have another girl. It will be great. I know these ultrasound pictures are small and one's upside down but it's the best I could do for now.
Right now I feel incredibly grateful for the Lord's hand in our lives. I know that this little girl is supposed to come to our family now and I'm so grateful the Lord trusts me enough to send another child to our home inspite of my shortcomings. How blessed we are 1)to have children to help us remember how we should be and 2)that we have such a loving Father in Heaven that helps us so much in our lives. I know that our life hasn't been all that we expected but I am so grateful for all that I have learned. I truly am amazingly blessed!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, she is so cute. Look at those fingers. It's amazing. I am sooo happy for you.

* Dan & Ashley * said...

Yipee, I am SO excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to meet her!

Des said...

CONGRATS!! Emma will love having a little sis. But I agree with you, Girls. man. Jack has been so much easier :) crazy, like you said. Who knows maybe your little girl will have a totally different temperament. I'm so happy for you!!

HG said...

So exciting. We are so happy for you!

Corina said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so excited for you.

Kami said...

Congratulations! That will be fun to have 2 of each and I am sure Emma is already planning on how she will dress her up :) And you never know she may be completely opposite of Emma, She may even be a tomboy :)

Just found out you talked to Mike on the phone. Wish I would have known and I would have got on the phone. He apparently already knew you were having a girl as well. blah! Boys never communicate!

Marisa said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! You have such a great perspective on this little bundle of surprise ... She is so blessed to have you for her mommy. (And, okay, after seeing all the great things Josh does with your children, she's blessed to have him for a daddy too!)

Jen said...

I can't wait to squish her cheeks- and hooray for me- I don't live to far away! I may have to make a couple of mad dash trips up w/ Blair...and let Dane ruin your house! LOVE YOU!

Jules said...

I for one couldn't think of two better parents to send a new little girl to be with for her journey through life.

Johnson said...

Yea!!! How exciting and you are such a wonderful mother!!

Tiffany said...

Those are some great ultrasound pictures! I am so happy for you! 2 girls and 2 boys! Perfect! When Peyton turned out to be a girl and not a boy like I had thought, I knew we were missing another little boy. It took 18 months to convince Codey that there was another one! We have also had the surprises like you have had, twice. You think we would learn! I wish we lived closer too! You're going to be just fine with 4! You are a great mom!