Sunday, November 8, 2009

Emma's Birthday Party!!

After waiting for two weeks, the morning of Emma's birthday party finally arrived. I am the queen of procrastination and that morning I hit an all time high. My house wasn't clean (I had to grab piles of junk off my table and counters and shove them in my room so no one would see them!! As a result my room was trashed for the next two weeks!! Sorry Josh!!) I hadn't made all of the food. I hadn't even decorated her cake!!! Luckily it was an easy one to decorate so I while everyone came in I finished it up. In spite of my being so unprepared I think it turned out well and everyone had fun. Here are some photos of the events of the day.

We had the table set up with masks for everyone to decorate as they got there but I didn't have time to take pictures of them decorating them because of everything else I had to get done.

When they were finished with their masks they went into the living to play freeze dance. It was so fun to watch their moves to Michael Jackson's, Thriller.

This is Emma's friend Eliza. She had the best moves out of all the kids there.
Josh drew a picture of a witch and I printed off a bunch of witch hats to play pin the hat on the witch. Emma was the first and she wasn't very happy with where her hat ended up.

These next few pictures are of every one eating lunch. Isn't Buzz Lightyear cute!! We had little pizzas that looked like mummies and bone bread sticks and hot dogs wrapped up like mummies. It was actually really good.

Eliza and Joey

Hyrum, Emma, Kennedy and Eliza


Grace, Jacqueline, and Joshua : Her friends Miriam and Sam were also there but aren't in these pictures. Emma and her cake. It didn't turn out the best but it was still yummy!!

Emma got a lot of fun gifts from her friends. I always forget that this house has horrible lighting so most of the pictures didn't turn out very good. I like this picture though. It captures her excitement pretty well.

We are so lucky to live in a place where we have such wonderful friends. I'm also so glad that Josh and also Jacqueline's mom Jenny Lynn were there to help. It was SO MUCH easier because of them!!! Thanks guys!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love the cake! Way to put of decorating it!

HG said...

Alisha! You cake is awesome! Did you make all that food? I bet it was to die for . . . BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

jessica said...

That party looked DARLING and so much fun! Your food and cake looked absolutely amazing!! Emma is such a sweetheart and WAY too cute. Her eyes are simply beautiful. I'm so glad the girls and I got to meet her when we were home!! Happy birthday Emma!

Tornado Alley said...

No one would have ever known you had to do all of that right before the party! (I feel your procrastination pain...as I often fall into it too) Anyways, everything looked so fun and the kids/cake/treats are adorable.
You'e such a great mom and friend! I'm glad things are going well.
Take care,
Danielle

Wendy said...

What a great idea, having a Halloween birthday party. It turned out super cute! I love reading your posting. What a good mom!