Saturday, January 22, 2011

Coming Home

I'm back!! Although it seems like I was never gone because my sweet husband stepped in to take my place because he wanted you all to be able to see Julianne as well. She is two weeks old now and though we have had some challenging moments (what baby doesn't give us some of those?) we are happy and doing well. Here are a few pictures of when we came home from the hospital. I'll post more pictures throughout the week, including Christmas.
I realize more and more how blessed I am to have this man in my life. He takes such good care of me and is a fantastic father.
Dressed to come home. I don't know about you but for us it seems like it takes them FOREVER to discharge us from the hospital. This was our shortest wait by far but it was still waiting.
I had to take a picture of these beautiful flowers that Josh and my mom brought to me while I was in the hospital. The roses were so fragrant that I could smell them halfway across the room. Aren't they beautiful!!
When we got home Isaac was so excited for the baby he almost jumped on top of her, more than once. He also wanted to "love" her by poking her in the head and face. He has since learned how to be soft and he really loves his little sister.
My mom was so wonderful. She came up for Christmas with my dad and little brother and she stayed until a week after Jules was born. It was about three weeks and I know my crazy kids wore her out but we really appreciate her taking care of us. Thanks Mom!!
Mom also made this awesome blanket!! It is so soft and is perfect to wrap Jules in for her naps. Isn't it pretty!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

These pictures are so adorable! I especially love the one of Isaac and Jules. What a beautiful family.

Jen said...

I love the hand held out to protect Jules from Isaac jumping on her. That pictures says it all! And the last picture of Jules is so sweet- love baby yawns!

HG said...

what a beautiful baby! your family is fantastic.

* Dan & Ashley * said...

She is just so cute!! how lucky are you guys? I have never seen josh with facial hair...he looks good!! and you look amazing!

Cailey said...

Awe!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you guys! I'm glad that Julie was there to help out, and cute blanket! dont see it all there, but looks nice and soft.