Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jaxson

So since I haven't blogged about his birthday that was way back in April I thought I'd do a post about Jaxson as well. Jaxson is a very caring little boy but he is definitely all boy. He can go from yelling at you one minute to snuggling you the next. And I'm so glad he's a snuggler. Whenever I have a bad day I can say "Jax, I need a hug" and he'll come and not just give me a hug but he'll snuggle me for a few minutes. He loves cars, trains, dinosaurs and he loves to be outside. He is so funny!! He really likes the show Dinosaur Train on PBS and I love to hear him sing the songs from it. We have been potty training lately and he is actually doing really well, thank goodness!! I'm tired of two kids in diapers!! I am so glad that he is a part of our family!! This picture cracks me up!! Talk about being able to fall asleep anywhere!!
Jaxson made a train out of blocks and was so proud of it I had to take a photo. Sorry it's at such an awkward angle!! Jax always likes to bury himself in the pillows of the couch.

Jaxson turned three on April 18th. I don't know why but he always picks the hardest cakes and they never turn out how I want them to. At some point in time during the process I huck the spatula with frosting across the table because I'm so frustrated. So please don't look very closely!! He really liked it though and I guess that's all that matters!!
He got trains and dinosaurs and I really can't remember what else but I know he liked them and I'm glad that he had a good birthday. I'm glad that we have days to celebrate the important people in our lives.

7 comments:

* Dan & Ashley * said...

What are you talking about....the cake looks amazing! I'm gald that you have him, he is always funny when he is around!! And just so cute!

Jen said...

I agree, the cake is DANG cute- how did you do the face so perfect. Jax is the sweetest little man every, you're so lucky to have such great kids!

The Hill Clan said...

I choose a picture that was far away on purpose because the closer you get the worse it looks. The face is actually just a print out. Lame huh!!

Anonymous said...

We love Jaxson so much. He is a big part of the family. Three year old boys will keep you going. I am proud of you for sticking with the cake even though it got tough. At least you didn't huck the cake in the garbage like I did.

Marisa said...

I agree with Ashley ... what are you talking about? The cake looks awesome! I won't even attempt to make a cake shaped into anything ... Kate asked for a dog-shaped cake and I flat out told her no and to come up with a different idea. Way to go ... I'm so proud of you! And, Jaxson is such a doll and sounds like such a cutie. I wish we were closer so I could know him better!

The Shurtliff Family said...

Yeah, I agree, that cake looks amazing! Did you see the lame James cake I made Terron? It wasn't nearly as good as yours! And, no I don't think the print out face was lame- I did the same thing (well I drew it on paper...) I really am going to call you soon...
Love seeing you guys last week! Miss you already!

julie said...

GREAT CAKE Lish! Reminds me of all the cakes I made for you guys. The hardest ones being the airplane cake with a 20 inch wing span and the cluster of different kinds of balls, base ball, basket ball, soccer ball est. We all love Jaxon so much and Alisha, I predict many more cakes in your future! Mom