Sunday, September 14, 2014

Old Tomball



 I had the opportunity to read some of my family's blogs this morning and realized that I need to start up again.  We're losing memories because I'm not taking the time to do this so we can remember them. 
         We had a really great day yesterday.  We drove about twenty minutes into the country to a little town called Tomball.  They have an old section of town that has some great antique stores, an awesome retro 50's diner called Nonnie's where we stopped to get ice cream, and a fun little "train depot" which is now a museum where the kids learned what it was like when the main form of transportation was by train.  It was the first cool day we have had since we have been down here in Houston and it was so wonderful!!  I love family days!!!

The man in the back ground gave us a little tour of the depot.  He was really nice and yes, that beard is all his!

While we were there we heard a train was coming so of course we had to wait for it to pass before we could go.
I may be dumb but I didn't realize how fast cargo trains get going!  That thing was booking it!




  There was a train car that the kids could play in and I think the metal man was who the town was named after. Clearly Isaac was fond of that dog.








  Of course no trip would be complete without ice cream!!  Man I love family outings!!  These kids are sure getting fun to be with!






1 comment:

Greg said...

Yeah! I love reading your blog! It is so wonderful to see pictures of your family and your new adventures! We love you!!!!